Our service updates and the measures we have taken during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Latest government update regarding cleaners and work carried out in other people’s homes.
New National Restrictions from 5 November
We want to assure you that Busy Hands Cleaners and its service provider will continue to provide our services safely following the latest government guideline. Our service providers and cleaners are permitted to work in customer homes during the “lockdown” period subject to safety and social distancing rules. Full details can be viewed here
We hope that you are well and safe, navigating these unprecedented times and managing to keep a positive outlook.
We are delighted to announce that the government has further clarified that domestic cleaners can continue to work in domestic premises, subject to the application of social distancing taking place in accordance with the latest guidance, published on Monday 11 May 2020.
Updated , see all updates
The current pandemic has managed to catch us all unprepared impacting changes, overtaking our lives in most aspects even separating us from our loved ones.
As a cleaning company, we continue to provide essential cleaning services for those individuals and organizations who need it in these difficult times.
Service providers like ourselves and other similar service providers, continue providing the services, following the safety guidelines, as may be essential for some clients at this time.
Many of our clients have been seeking clarification and reassurance about what is and isn’t currently allowed within social distancing guidelines.
The Government updated its guidance, further clarifying that tradespeople and cleaners can visit your home during the lockdown.
All our cleaners and service providers are strictly following the COVID-19 healthcare guidelines, as set out by the NHS and Public Health England.
They will follow social distancing guidelines while carrying out their services. Including our policy and measure on COVID-19, which can be found on our website below
If you have any questions or would like some help with managing your regular services, please feel free to contact us to discuss all available options.
Additional safety measures for both Clients and Cleaners
- Cleaners must not clean if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating
- Clients must not allow cleaning if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating
- Clients must stay in a different room to the cleaner. The social distancing of at least 2 meters must be maintained at all times
- We recommend keeping indoor work areas well-ventilated, washing clothes regularly, and wearing a face-covering where it is not possible to keep a distance of 2 meters. More details from the goverment website here
Preventing the spread of infection COVID-19 Coronavirus
Our client safety and the safety of our cleaners are of utmost importance to us.
We wanted to use this opportunity to tell you that we have taken all the necessary measures and advice available from the Public Health England website and our services will remain active.
As a company that provides the cleaning and general household services, here are some of the measures we have taken to ensure your safety and safety of the cleaners.
All cleaners who will remain active, have not travelled to the specified countries or areas outside of the UK which is listed on the quarantine list in the past last one month.
We have contacted all our cleaners asking them to take all the precautions necessary to keep everyone safe.
If you or anyone in your household have any symptoms, please let us and your cleaner know as soon as possible.
The same applies to the cleaners if they or anyone in their household displays any symptoms.
We always ensured that the same cleaner attends your home for each cleaning visit and they will only use cleaning materials provided by you.
All staff and cleaners are advised to strictly follow these safety practices daily: (based on the latest guidelines from Public Health England)
– Wash their hands with soap and water often – for at least 20 seconds before and after each clean
– Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or their sleeves (not hands) when they cough or sneeze
– Regularly sanitize their mobile phones
– Wear protective gear at work (gloves)
– Wash and disinfect their work shoes
– To wash and disinfect (where possible) all used cleaning clothes after each use
– Try to avoid handshakes
– Check their body temperature
– Has been advised to isolate themselves from working in case they have any respiratory symptoms or fever and inform the agency immediately if such symptoms appear.
– We recommend our cleaners to pay special attention to ensure healthful indoor air quality by letting fresh air in during the cleaning.
– We recommend the cleaners/client open a window during the service (where possible) to ensure proper ventilation inside the property.
– Domestic cleaners will focus on wiping regularly used surfaces, we ask clients to provide suitable disinfectant based cleaning solutions where possible.
Frequently Asked Questions regards your services at this time
Frequently Asked Questions regards your services during the pandemic (we understand that’s at this unprecedented times you may wish to pause or restart your cleaning services)
– Can my cleaner continue to work during this current restriction/lockdown?
Yes, cleaners are permitted to work following safety and social distance measures! “for work purposes, where your place of work remains open and where you cannot work from home (including if your job involves working in other people’s homes)”. you can continue to work. read more here
– When working in people’s homes is NOT permitted.
1. No work should be carried out by a cleaner who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild, or when someone in their own household has symptoms.
2. No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded.
The above condition has been in place since coming out of the earlier lockdown and you should continue to implement this.
-How do I freeze/pause my cleaning services during this time? To pause your regular cleaning services give us a quick call or send us an email.
We will notify the cleaner about your freeze and they do not need to attend your cleaning sessions until your services resume.
To resume a service drop us an email with details on when you want to start receiving your cleaning services and we will notify the cleaner when you want to resume.
-If you have cancelled your regular service and want to reinstate it back to normal. Please give us a quick call or drop us an email with details on when you will like to restart.
-I cancelled my regular cleaning services but want the same cleaner after I restart the service/lockdown
What do I do? Contact us by phone or email and we will reschedule the same cleaner for you.
Can the cleaner use public transport? Our Cleaners choose the area they want to work in so they are generally close to the clients they clean for. The government has said that people should wear face coverings in public transport and some shops.
-Can my cleaner wear a face covering? Face coverings are not mandatory but cleaners can wear a face-covering where it is not possible to maintain social distancing.
-How do I pay the cleaner? You can pay the cleaner by bank transfer, just to ask for their account details and pay to them by bank transfer or by cash if you prefer.
This is not a comprehensive list of all the questions and answers please let us know if you have any concerns.
Thank you for your continued support, understanding, and cooperation.